Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Slump Day


Hello again,

Today's been a hard day.

Tomorrow, however, is Spring Break. This makes everything a little better. I'm not doing much--to be honest, I'll probably spend most of my time cuddled on the couch with Matt, renting movies, making dinner, or covered in paint from working.

I'm just looking forward to that release; the one you feel when you've got days behind you and days ahead where nothing much is expected of you. And most importantly, spending time with the people who love you best. The ones who make pointless days and times meaningful. You know what I mean?

A lot of things felt like they were going wrong today, yet I still felt so inspired by the little things. A sweet older man that smiled as I passed on the street. Listening to an old song a friend wrote. Crawling into my messy (today was not the day to straighten up) bed at the end of a long day and just being. Our world can be so beautiful, and so sad. Right now, I'm trying to focus on the first one.

Have a lovely night.

No comments: