Sunday, September 12, 2010

i know we are young but we won't always be



five years ago we visited the labor day carnival in my hometown.
fall air was just beginning to creep in and we walked hand in hand in the nighttime, savoring the scent of kettle corn and leaves.
while our friends walked ahead, matt stopped me under a canopy of balloons to pull me close and tell me he loved me for the first time.

on october 20th, i'll put on a dress and meet my bub at the state fair down the road from my apartment.
we'll listen to the avett brothers, eat fried snickers and walk in the glow of the bursting lights.
if i'm lucky, i'll get him to ride the ferris wheel with me.

the scents, the textures, the anticipation of things to come--each detail makes autumn lovely. but i also believe warming your toes next to your love does the trick, too.

No comments: